Saturday, July 28, 2007

How I spent my month of July as housewife

Have not been working for the month of July as I need to cover my mum-in-law's duty as CEO of childcare centre at Kim Keat Ave.

There are 4 toddlers (aged 33 months, 30 months & 27 months) & 3 kids (9 yrs old and 7 yrs old).

Send Meredith to school from Mon - Thu, 9.30 am - 11.30 am. During these 2 hours, I will have breakfast with Aimee, Kim, Georgia & Helen (Meredith's classmate mummies). Do marketing either at Thomson Plaza NTUC or Shop & Save.

Proceed straight to Kim Keat Ave to take over Tracy who is on morning shift.
1) feed the toddlers lunch together with the help of 3 domestic helpers
2) watch hi5, pingu, barney or other TV programmes
3) shower for Meredith
4) nap time for the kids at around 1 plus

I shall then have some free time to surf the net or watch my Korean series. Decide what to cook for dinner and the domestic helpers will prepare the ingredients.

Sean and Leroy are back at 2.15 pm.
1) have their lunch
2) shower
3) do homework (felt embarrassed when Sean asked me to help with his math problem, I have a hard time explaining the working steps) OMB! I must attend Kumon with them.
4) play computer games

At 4.30 pm, watch Taiwanese show casted on channel 8 "Yi Nan Wang". Start cooking at 5.30 pm. We have a big family, the dinner is for 9 adults & 7 kids. Eugene is impressed of me, I am someone who does cooking less than 6 times a YEAR. However, I can cook out things which my mum-in-law has been cooking. Sometimes, I will call my mum-in-law to check the recipes. Most importantly, my nephews love my cooking too.

It is really not easy taking care of 7 kids, their shouting, screaming, crying, snatching of toys are getting on my nerves. I have to use cane or chilli sauce to settle them down.

Also, can you image bringing 4 toddlers & 3 domestic helpers to Shop & Save? I surrender!

Ma, I saltue you!

No comments: